Waiting on Wednesday #30

Starstruck by Cyn Balog
Released: 12th July 2011
I blogged about this book a few months ago when it had a lovely looking donut on the cover, now the release date has also changed so I thought I'd spike my interest for it once again. I haven't read enough books about being overweight in my short time so I'm interested in Gwendolyn's story of her ex-boyfriend moving back home after she's put on a few pounds and he's become Mr Popularity.

Summary from Goodreads: When Gwendolyn “Dough” Reilly’s boyfriend and best friend Wish moves away in seventh grade, the only consolation she can find is in her family bakery’s donuts. Now, it’s sophomore year, and Wish is coming back. But in only three years, they’ve both changed—drastically. She’s seriously overweight, and suddenly Wish is the most popular guy in school, and girls everywhere want him. Dough has doubts that appearances don’t matter and that Wish can love her as she is, so she launches into a plan designed to keep them together. That is, until she discovers that Wish’s gorgeous looks and charm might not be all they appear to be. 

P.S What a lovely cover to post when their is exactly 25 days left until Christmas <3

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs