Waiting On Wednesday // Dreaming of Amelia

I had been hearing about Jaclyn Moriarty for what seemed like years before I actually picked up one of her books, I happened upon Feeling Sorry For Celia and was actually blown away by it's amazingness.

The humor is fantastic, and it is awesome to read a book set in an Australian high school for a change. I recommend it to all YA readers who are looking for a slight twist on the general American high school setting.

The story is initially a little confusing as it is based around three best friends who are all being forced to participate in a pen-pal project with the local rival school. The friendships in this story are a reason to read this.

Anyway, the reason why I post this is because my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I was reading my regular book blogs and noticed an upcoming release by Jaclyn Moriaty that is set for release this month.


Have a little read about it, I am very excited to check out my next Jaclyn Moriarty novel.

Amelia and Riley have transferred to Ashbury for their final year of school, and everyone is completely obsessed with them. Glamorous, talented and totally devoted to one another, the two of them drift through school in their own world. But there's more to the couple than meets the eye - they have secrets. And some of them are dangerous to share. As Riley starts to lose his grip on Amelia, the repercussions affect everyone around them. It is a spellbinding story about ghosts, secrets, madness, passion, locked doors, femme fatales, and that terrifying moment in the final year of high school when you realise that the future's coming to get you.

I'm actually more-so picking this book up purely for the author and less for the underachieving summary, also with the mention of ghosts, spells and locked doors it actually creates a minus against this book for me. I have been less than thrilled by the fantasy genre so far. Hopefully, I can tell you all about the amazingness of this book in coming time. Dreaming of Amelia will be out in November 2009 in Australia, April 2010 in the UK, and in June 2010 in the USA (but in the USA it will be called The Ghosts of Ashbury High).

Credit to The Story Siren & Chicklish for this post.

4 comments:

  1. Oooo, this sounds super interesting! I'm adding it my list for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I like the title Dreaming of Amelia waaaay better than the chosen USA title. I wonder why they're different?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of either of these books, but they do sound great. Thanks for the heads up about them- I am putting them both on my list. =)

    ReplyDelete

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs