In My Mailbox #58

It looks like my book drought has finally dried up as we're well and truly on our way into 2011 and I'm only just starting to tackle some of the challenges I signed up for late last year. For more information on the blogopsheres obession with In My Mailbox, check out The Story Siren.

In Order of Excitement:
Prom and Prejudice | The Ivy #1
I loved The Lonely Hearts Club so much that I couldn't resist buying a copy of PROM, it looks cute and wins at my favourite book of the week. It's been a long wait for THE IVY, I've heard a few good things about it but most of the reviews were so-so, I'll have to check it out for myself soon. 

Charmed Thirds (Jessica Darling #3) | Very LeFreak
Both of these were library borrows and however many times my fam pesters me about borrowing more books from the library when I already have a huge shelf at home won't stop me from quietly killing off my wish list. The JESSICA DARLING series is such a delight and everyone should go order Megan McCafferty's next novel Bumped. I know VERY didn't live up to most peoples expectations but I have trust in Rachel Cohn and just hope my experience of this book is a little different.

Being Here | Pearl | Rosebush
BEING HERE is a book of seconds; it'll be the second book I complete in the Aussie YA Challenge later this month and it's the second book I've read by this author, I'm just hoping it goes over a little better than The Whole Business with Kiffo and the Pitbull. For some reason, I continue to think of PEARL as a middle-grade novel, I think it has something to do with both the cover and the character names. I haven't heard much about ROSEBUSH but I'm hoping it goes over as well as the other memory-loss novels I've read.

Palo Alto | The Crazy Things Girls Do for Love
James Franco is a well-known star from all three Spider-man movies and the idea of an actor turned author often catches my attention, the glistening cover will probably double the chances of me actually reading the book sometime this year. I've already got a copy of CRAZY and I'm looking forward to reading Dyan Sheldon's latest novel as My Worst Best Friend was a surprisingly good read.

Q: Which of these books would you most love to read?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs