This Month In Movies: December

In an attempt to greaten the amount of movies I watch in full, I'm going to share my thoughts on each and every one of those mostly crappy movies I see. That isn't really true, I'll probably end up seeing more at the cinema and on Foxtel than anything else but do let me know if there is anything you recommend I check out and also thanks to Alea from Pop Culture Junkie for inspiring this idea!

The Santa Clause on December 3rd
Starring: Tim Allen
Plot: When a man inadvertantly kills Santa on Christmas Eve, he finds himself magically recruited to take his place.
Released: 24 November 1994
Source: Free-to-air TV
4 out of 5 stars... We'd only just finished putting up our Christmas tree and decorations when I started watching this movie, it has to be one of my favourites for the season and it's sequels.


Due Date on December 7th
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Zach Galifianakis
Plot: High-strung father-to-be Peter Highman is forced to hitch a ride with aspiring actor Ethan Tremblay on a road trip in order to make it to his child's birth on time.
Released: 25 November 2010
Source: Cinema

3 out of 5 stars... It's not really what I expected from a road-trip movie but it still provided a few laughs and I'm sure some people will love this a whole lot more than me.


The Santa Clause 2 on December 10th
Starring: Tim Allen, Spencer Breslin
Plot: Scott Calvin has been a humble Santa Claus for nearly ten years, but it might come to an end if he doesn't find a Mrs. Claus.
Released: 5 December 2002
Source: Free-to-air TV
3 out of 5 Stars... My second christmas movie for the season! I still can't believe Bernard the Elf is now on the tv show Numbers.


The Joneses on December 14th
Starring: Demi Moore, David Duchovny
Plot: A seemingly perfect family moves into a suburban neighborhood, but when it comes to the truth as to why they're living there, they don't exactly come clean with their neighbors.
Released: 23 April 2010
Source: DVD Rental
3 out of 5 stars... You know that old saying about keeping up with the joneses well this family cons their friends and neighbours with their idealistic lifestyle.
Killers on December 19th
Starring: Katherine Heigl, Ashton Kutcher
Plot: A vacationing woman meets her ideal man, leading to a swift marriage. Back at home, however, their idyllic life is upset when they discover their neighbors could be assassins who have been contracted to kill the couple.
Released: 29 July 2010
Source: Foxtel On Demand
4 out of 5 stars... I hadn't planned on seeing this movie but caught it at a friends house and ended up really liking it, a little bit silly but still fun to watch plus Ashton Kutcher is in it!


Silver Bells on December 19th
Starring: Anne Heche, Tate Donovan
Plot: Manhattanite Catherine O'Mara (Heche) bonds with a young man who has run away from his father. When the father returns to New York a year later to sell his Christmas trees, he and Catherine cross paths.
Released: 2005
Source: Foxtel
3 out of 5 stars... Okay so this is one of those crappy made-for-tv movies about a teenage runaway who makes good but it wasn't as bad as the cover looks and who can resist the christmas backdrop.
The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause on Dec 20th
Starring: Tim Allen, Martin Short
Plot: Santa, aka Scott Calvin, is faced with double-duty: how to keep his new family happy, and how to stop Jack Frost from taking over Christmas.
Released: 16 November 2006
Source: Free-to-air TV
3 out of 5 stars... Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the third addition of The Santa Clause and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep before the ending came around even Jack Frost couldn't keep this series alive! 


The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants on Dec 30th
Starring: Amber Tamblyn, Alexis Bledel
Plot: Four best girlfriends hatch a plan to stay connected with one another as their lives start off in different directions: they pass around a pair of secondhand jeans that fits each of their bodies perfectly.
Released:  23 June 2005
Source: Free-to-air TV
4 out of 5 stars... I don't think anyone can believe that one pair of jeans fit all four actresses but that didn't stop me from getting into this movie, I'd completely forgotten how much I enjoy it.


Q: What's the best movie you've watched lately?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs