In My Mailbox #50

What you're seeing here is two weeks worth of awesomeness, I decided to change it up a bit and do a little photo post this time around as I wanted to capture the unique cover of Dash & Lily, the signed edition of Bumped and the huge and amazing book that is Dogs by Tim Flach. Check out Kristi's blog, The Story Siren for more information on the blogospheres obsession with In My Mailbox.


In Order of Excitement:

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
I don't think I could tell you which of these books I'm more excited about, I can't even believe I have them in hands right now! Make sure to take a close look at the Aussie cover of DASH/LILY because I don't think you'll be seeing it around much elsewhere. Also, I'm guessing BUMPED will have a bit of a change up with covers by the time it's officially released as it's lacking some oomph.


Bumped by Megan McCafferty
First of all how amazing is it to receive surprise copies of books you really, really want! I think I've had this one on my radar since starting the Jessica Darling series which you should all check out in anticipation of this book. Thanks so much for signing it Megan, it'll be well appreciated on my tiny bookshelf.

Songs for a Teenage Nomad by Kim Culbertson 

Trades, how I love thee! I think ONE NIGHT is the best book I've ever received via a trade, cannot wait to attempt my first Barnholdt book, I hear they're greatt. And as a music fan, I'm imagining all sorts of awesome for TEENAGE NOMAD.
The View from the Top by Hillary Frank

Jump by Elisa Carbone
Some more books thanks to the wonderful Nic and her book tradingness. I haven't heard so many great things for VIEW FROM but I'm still eager to check out the carnival atmosphere and JUMP sound really great, I've always wanted to attempt rock-climbing.

Bright Young Things #1 by Anna Godbersen
Give Me a Chance by Gail Renard
I received BRIGHT YOUNG THINGS from the lovely Giota's ARC Tours and not that I listen to The Beatles but I've always been a bit of an admirer so this book looked a tad interesting to me.
Zombies vs. Unicorns (Killer Unicorns) by Holly Black
The Haunted (The Hollow #2) by Jessica Verday

How spectacular does pink jewel cover look, I just want to stick it inside a photo frame and stare at it all day And to your right we have a lovely selection of short stories of which I cannot wait to read Maureen Johnson's contribution most.
Dogs by Tim Flach
Can I just say this book is amazing and bloody huge/heavy! It's all of $40 worth of coffee table book and it's filled with wonderfully unique photos of some interesting breeds of dog, it also has little blurbs here and there that I've had a quick read of so far and found to be really informative as a dog lover myself. Did you know dogs only have the capability of watching HD television and not the regular kind? What did I tell you, amazing facts!
Dogs by Tim Flach
Here's my favourite photo from the previously mentioned DOGS book. I can't decide whether this little doggy named Honza looks more cute on the left or right side and I'd even consider getting a Yorkshire Terrier as a pet but I'm sure the long hair would be manic to care for. 
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods #5) by Melissa de la Cruz

The cover of The Replacement seems to remind me a lot of Fallen by Lauren Kate which happens to even have a quote from her on the front. Also keen to read The Chosen One for it's take on an isoalted community but I'm just hoping it doesn't get too creepy. 
Q: Which book are you most excited about receiving this week?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs