Movies I've Seen Lately - October Edition

Over the past couple months, I've been kicking butt at my goal to see as many movies as possible all thanks to the awesome people at Quickflix! If only my three month trial would somehow turn into a yearly subscription, I'd be through with my ginormous wishlist of films.
The Best               The Worst  
What I Saw At The Cinema
  • Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011) ****
  • What's Your Number? (2011) ***

What I Watched On DVD
  • Morning Glory (2010) ***
  • The Switch (2010) ***
  • All About Steve (2009) **
  • Up (2009) **

What I Caught On TV 
  • Country Strong (2010) ***
  • The Witches (1990) ***

    The Questions
  1. The "Brilliantly Funny" AwardCrazy, Stupid, Love. I guess it's pretty clear that this is my favourite film for the month. Not only does it feature a few of my fave actors alongside a really funny plot but it also wins out at a surprising ending. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
  2. Most Anticipated
    Up - I've never really been into animation flicks but I had heard so many great things about Up that I couldn't pass it by. Unfortunately, it didn't really win me over :S
  3. Fave New Actor
    Emma Stone. Not only is Emma Stone the current IT girl for gracing magazine covers, she's also really funny. Luckily, she has a few movies popping up in the next few months to keep us entertained!
  4. Most Memorable CharacterJacob (played by Ryan Gosling)- Crazy, Stupid Love. Even though this character starts off as the guy you're meant to hate, it's almost impossible to dislike him. I haven't forgotten the corny dance scene with my current fave, Emma Stone. I'll be keeping an eye out for his next release after I pass up on the guy flick Drive.
  5. Most Disappointing
    Country Strong. The only thing this film had going for it were the the stage performances, they keep me pretty much entertained throughout the movie. I liked where this film was going but it just crashed and burned in the end. I still don't understand the baby bird plot, anyone wanna explain that to me?
  6. Most Surprising
    Morning Glory. I held off on seeing this one at the cinema as I read so many bad reviews about it. I should've learnt by now that I have the exact opposite taste to movie critics and to avoid their reviews in the future as this flick was cute and funny :)
  7. Greatest Ending
    Crazy, Stupid, Love. I was really enjoying this film and expected it to wrap up nice and neatly when this crazy mind-bending ending popped up out of nowhere that made the film ten times better!
  8. Best RerunThe Witches. Although, The Witches was one of my faves as a kid, I really can't see why after re-watching it this month. It's a really weird, creepy film that doesn't seem like it's really suited for kids at all besides having a young boy in the lead role. I still enjoyed it for the reminiscing but wouldn't recommend it to anyone in the future.
  9. Best Movie PosterWhat's Your Number?.  This one clearly takes out the best cover award :)
  10. Overall Best & WorstCrazy, Stupid, Love. Not only did it receive the most stars from me this month, it also won the most awards. Please make more of these kinda films hollywood!All About Steve. I was taking a risk seeing this really badly rated Sandra Bullock film but I really just wanted to check it out for myself. It turned out be a little better than expected but still pretty average...

Q: Any ideas on an awesome title for this feature?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs