Music Monday #5


For my very first attempt at Tune In Tuesday, I'm going to share the music I've been favouring over the past couple months. Believe it or not, I almost made the decision of focusing my blog entirely on this subject way before my love of YA really started to kick off and you can probably see my fascination below... For all those last.fm junkies, check out my charts here :)

  1. Best Coast - Garage Pop (57)
    If it weren't for Hayley Williams and her love for Twitter, I'm pretty sure I would never have given this band a second chance. From the outset, they look like one of those weird hipster bands that no one seems to understand but there is just something utterly mesmerizing about Best Coast's tunes that makes me want to put them on repeat all day long. If you're looking for an even better reason to check out these guys, their latest music video stars Chloe Moretz and is directed by Drew Barrymore.
  2. A Day To Remember - Hardcore/Pop Punk (39)
    Over the years, hardcore has been pretty much the only genre I've kept away from but luckily these boys were smart enough to combine the brilliance of hardcore with the fun of pop punk. Possibly their tamest tune, If It Means A Lot To You features the awesome Sierra from VersaEmerge, what better reason to check them out!
  3. City and Colour - Acoustic Folk (38)
    Many Alexisonfire fans have been outraged at Dallas Green for leaving the successful band for side-project but I couldn't be more overjoyed to see him spit out more dazzling tunes like The Girl which has been one of my all-time faves for quite awhile. I still can't believe I made the ridiculous decision a few years ago to see Forever the Sickest Kids at a festival instead of this guy, I haven't been able to forget it since.
  4. Bayside - Rock/Punk (31)
    After finally seeing these guys live earlier this year, I guess it makes sense that they've made it into my most played charts other than that, I can't really explain why. I guess it could have something to do with their never-ending discography.
    Honourable Mentions: Say Anything, Ed Sheeran + Taylor Swift.

Q: What Other Music Should I Check Out?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs