This Month in Movies: November

Thank you to the wonderful Alea of Pop Culture Junkie for inspiring this (hopefully) regular post on the movies I watch each month. I'm sure it'll be a complete surprise at how many or how little I rack up in 30 days at least it won't fall as flat of my attempt to watch a heap of the best movies of all time.
To Be Fat Like Me on November 1st
Starring: Kaley Cuoco, Caroline Rhea
Plot: A physically fit teenager dons a fat suit as part of a film project to experience the hardships facing overweight high school students.
Released: 8 January 2007
Source: TV Movie
2 out of 5 Stars... I'm a fan of The Big Bang Theory so when I saw Kaley Cuoco mentioned, I couldn't pass up the opportunity but like many made for TV movies it totally fell flat.


The Social Network on November 2nd
Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Justin Timberlake
Plot: A story about the founders of the social-networking website, Facebook.
Released: 28 October 2010
Source: Cinema

3 out of 5 Stars... I don't know how much of the movie actually happened but it really made me hate the website and I'm even  attempting a ban for just a little while. I found it all too sickening how the creator of the website treated people, acted like he didn't care about money and then became the youngest billionaire in the world. 


Life as We Know It on November 9th
Starring: Katherine Heigl, Josh Duhamel
Plot: Two single adults become caregivers to an orphaned girl when their mutual best friends die in an accident.
Released: 21 October 2010
Source: Cinema
4 out of 5 Stars... I wasn't expecting to love this one but it was pretty good and lil Sophie was so cute to watch on screen. It was full of quick laughs and lessons to be learned - a really good chick flick if you can stand an hour and a half of Katherine Heigl.

Starring: Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci
Plot: Kevin McCallister is back. But this time he's in New York City with enough cash and credit cards to turn the Big Apple into his very own playground...
Released: 10 December 1992 
Source: Television
4 out of 5 Stars... Who can resist Macaulay, I will always love him at the ripe age of ten especially in Uncle Buck and Home Alone has to be one of my favourite Christmas movies of all time.

Harry Potter + the Deathly Hallows on Nov 23rd
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson
Plot: As Harry races against time and evil to destroy the Horcruxes, he uncovers the existence of three most powerful objects in the wizarding world: the Deathly Hallows.
Released:  18 November 2010
Source: Cinema
3 out of 5 stars... I think we can all now agree these movies are made purely for fans of the book, many times throughout I was left wondering what was happening after blinking and missing tiny pieces of the movie. It moves so fast but continues to be addictive.

Stardust on November 27th
Starring: Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer
Plot: In a countryside town bordering on a magical land, a young man makes a promise to his beloved that he'll retrieve a fallen star by venturing into the magical realm.
Released:  20 September 2007
Source: Television
2 out of 5 Stars... While their were a surprising amount of faces I recognized in this movie, it still failed to capture my full attention and the storyline was really quite quirky.

Q: What's the best movie you've watched recently?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs