May Movie Madness Challenge

Thanks to the Anime Girls Bookshelf for putting together this year long challenge of viewing as many or as little movies as you'd like. This month I hardly saw anything worth mentioning but have a look anyway and be sure to recommend your recent faves :)
Arthur on May 3rd
Starring: Russell Brand, Helen Mirren
Plot: A drunken playboy stands to lose a wealthy inheritance when he falls for a woman his family doesn't like.
Released: 21 April 2011
Source: Cinema
4 out of 5 Stars... I was truly surprised at how much I enjoyed this movie, I was ultimately expecting more of Russell Brand's usual antics but Arthur is actually a really cute remake of a 1971 Dudley Moore film.
Water for Elephants on May 17th
Starring: Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon
Plot: A veterinary student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus as their vet.
Released: 12 May 2011
Source: Cinema
3 out of 5 stars... I guess with this movie, I learnt that having two of my favourite actors onscreen together doesn't always result in an enjoyable film. I did however enjoy the role of the elephant :)
The Princess Diaries on May 21st
Starring: Julie Andrews, Anne Hathaway
Plot: A socially awkward but very bright 15-year-old girl being raised by a single mom discovers that she is a princess.
Released: 13 September 2001
Source: TV
4 out of 5 stars... Who can resist a teen classic of utter indulgence and it's great to come back and see Anne Hathaway as a newbie again. Totally enjoyable and cute!
Lemonade Mouth on May 28th
Starring: Bridgit Mendler, Adam Hicks
Plot: Lemonade Mouth is a musical film produced for the Disney Channel that follows five high school students who meet in detention and form a band.
Released: 21 May 2011
Source: TV
4 out of 5 stars... I took a chance on this one and it paid off, it's another one of those High School Musical type films that I found myself really enjoying even though I knew almost none of the cast.


The Princess Diaries 2 on May 28th
Starring: Anne Hathaway, Julie Andrews
Plot: Now settled in Genovia, Princess Mia faces a new revelation: she's being primed for an arranged marriage to a English suitor.
Released: 16 September 2004
Source: TV

3 out of 5 stars... After enjoying The Princess Diaries a few days before, I knew I'd make sure to catch at least a little bit of this and while it's not as great as the first (What sequel is?), it's still managed to be a little bit entertaining.
Q: What movies are you hoping to see in the next couple months?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs