This Month In Movies: March

Where I talk about the good and the bad movies I've seen lately...

Made... The Movie on March 1st
Plot: Tells the story of an unpopular high school student as she pursues her dream of attaining a coveted spot on the cheerleading team.
Released: 2010
Source: TV
3 out of 5 stars... MADE was actually much better than I expected for a b-grade teen comedy trying to be just like MTV. Expect a whole lot of pitiful acting with cheerleading thrown in.
The Social Network on March 9th
Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake
Plot: A chronicle of the founding of Facebook, the social-networking Web site.
Released: 28 October 2010
Source: Cinema
4 out of 5 stars... The first time I saw this movie, I came away just a little bit angry at the creator of Facebook for being both a douche and  the youngest billionaire ever among other things but luckily I got the chance to see this movie a second time around where I pushed aside those feelings and really enjoyed the movie.
It's Kind of a Funny Story on March 11th
Starring: Emma Roberts, Lauren Graham
Plot: A clinically depressed teenager gets a new start after he checks himself into an adult psychiatric ward.
Released: 7 January 2011
Source: Movie Screening
3 out of 5 stars... After reading the book a little while ago, I was keen to see the Lauren Graham starring movie and even if it isn't as funny as the title describes it still manages to be mildly uplifting and just a little bit weird.
Salt on March 13th
Starring: Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber
Plot: A CIA agent goes on the run after a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy.
Released: 19 August 2010
Source: Movie Screening
2 out of 5 stars... Before seeing this movie, I acclaimed that Angelina Jolie's movie are always EXACTLY the same and wasn't even close to being proven wrong. Pick a different role, ffs Ange :)

The Adjustment Bureau on March 22nd
Starring: Matt Damon, Emily Blunt
Plot: The affair between a politician and a ballerina is affected by mysterious forces keeping the lovers apart.
Released: 4 March 2011
Source: Cinema
3 out of 5 stars... I was really getting into this movie with it's world of magical doors and hats that bring you powers until the final credits were rolling and I was left wondering how it got wrapped up so damn quickly and awkwardly, I might add.

Red Riding Hood on March 29th
Starring: Amanda Seyfried
Plot: Set in a medieval village that is haunted by a werewolf, a young girl falls for an orphaned woodcutter, much to her family's displeasure.
Released: 7 April 2011
Source: Cinema
2 out of 5 stars... I'm sorry to say this one was really terrible, I expected much more from Amanda Seyfried.
Q: What is the best movie you've seen lately?

©2012 Design by Katelyn Brooke Designs