I'm a huge fan of repurposing leftovers, so whenever we're making risotto, I always throw in a few extra cups of rice so we can make these delicious crispy fried risotto balls. This time around, we cooked our risotto with pumpkin, leek, peas and bacon but any flavour combination would work well. A nice addition, when making the risotto balls is to add a cube of your favourite cheese to the centre.
- 2 Cups Leftover Cooked Risotto
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Cheese (Feta or Cream Cheese)
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- Roll a tablespoon of chilled risotto between the palm of your hands until combined, flatten and insert a small cube of cheese into the centre and roll into a ball.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in a bowl. Roll risotto balls in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, cook risotto balls for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with a light salad of lettuce, cucumber and tomato!